The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) program Cutter/Skidder Operator Certification is a comprehensive training and evaluation system designed to ensure that all workers, chainsaw and cable skidder operators, in the conventional logging sector of the forestry industry have the skills and knowledge they require to operate a chainsaw and/or operate a cable skidder safely and efficiently in a logging operation as defined by the Ministry of Labour. Introduction to Professional Cable Skidding is developed by WSN and sanctioned by the MTCU as the approved pre-employment training program for the skidder operators in conventional logging operations.
The classroom training is conducted in an instructor-led format and is supported by audiovisual aids, group discussion and a participant manual, Safe Skidding.
Successful completion of the course will provide participants with the necessary knowledge to:
- Identify significant hazards associated with cable skidding operations
- Describe requirements for personal protective equipment, circle check, routine maintenance and fire prevention associated with cable skidding operations
- Describe control measures and safe operating procedures used to reduce or eliminate hazards associated with starting, parking and shutting down cable skidders
- Describe control measures and safe operating procedures used to reduce or eliminate hazards associated with trail maintenance and travel (loaded and empty)
- Describe control measures and safe operating procedures used to reduce or eliminate the hazards associated with choking, winching and piling loads
The course is intended for cable skidding operators in conventional logging operations.
Material(s) included with this course:
Safe Skidding Manual and Principles of Rigging, Hoisting & Towing on Logging Operations Participant Manual
Currently there are no sessions scheduled for this course. Please contact one of our Customer Care Representatives or call 1-888-730-7821 to inquire about future course openings or to be placed on a wait list for this course.