The purpose of this course is to provide insight into critical information for working safely in trenches and excavations. Participants learn how to apply a hazard identification model (known as the RACE principle) to reduce risk in efforts to keep themselves and co-workers safe and healthy.
By the end of this course, participants will know:
- why a strong understanding of safe trenching practices is so important
- what the law says about trenching safety, and what safety guidelines apply to you
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- recognize hazards when working in trenches
- assess the risks and potential consequences of these hazards
- control the hazards with various strategies, techniques, and devices
- evaluate the protective measures and continue working safely
This half-day course combines lecture, discussion, scenario-based exercises, and other interactive activities to ensure understanding of safe trenching practices, thereby working toward keeping workplace dangers at minimum and safe practices at maximum.
Related article: Down in the trenches working safely
The course is designed for employers, supervisors, workers, JHSC members, health and safety representatives, and management of any workplace responsible for trenching and excavation work.
Currently there are no sessions scheduled for this course. Please contact one of our Customer Care Representatives or call 1-888-730-7821 to inquire about future course openings or to be placed on a wait list for this course.