The Ministry of Labour (MOL) will hold a consultation on its Safe at Work Ontario compliance strategy on March 21 in Sudbury.
Safe at Work Ontario is an integrated occupational health and safety compliance strategy. The cornerstones of the strategy include:
- Focused inspections aligned with prevention interventions;
- Transparent enforcement;
- Intervention and system partnership;
- Sustained compliance through Internal Responsibility System (IRS); and
- Continuing evaluation and improvement of the strategy.
The consultation is an opportunity for WSN clients to express their needs to the Ministry of Labour. Developments in last year’s strategy included:
- Posting sector plans for the Construction, Health Care, Industrial, Mining, and Specialized Professional Services on the MOL website
- Developing and releasing online new guidelines and fact sheets
- Releasing new inspection videos
- Announcing upcoming blitzes and blitz results within 90 days after completion
To reserve your spot at Sudbury’s consultation, email Kirsty Cummins.
If you cannot attend, but would like to learn more about the strategy and/or provide feedback, click here.
Consultation - Safe at Work Ontario Strategy
March 21, 2012 (Wednesday)
1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Palladium Room South
Radisson Hotel Sudbury
85 Ste Anne Road
Sudbury ON P3E 4S4